The selection criteria of the candidates are the following:
- Innovation in research subject or research method ,
- Application of the research work results in technology development ,
- The impact of the candidate's research work on the current state of her/his field of science
- Publications must be of exceptional scientific quality,
- Reliability of the journals in which the results have been published,
- Economical aspects of the research work ,
- International standing in their field of research,
- Continued impact on the field of research
Applications can only be submitted electronically through the online platform.
- Applications are directed to the Secretariat for registration.
- Applications sent after the deadline are kept for the next KIA Session.
Incomplete applications, including requested documents, are eliminated.
- Applications are distributed according to their fields of participation, to the Scientific Committees.
- Scientific Committees review every application. Candidates maybe contacted for further information.
- Scientific Committees submit their recommendations and the names of the finalists to the Grand Jury for final evaluation.
- The Grand Jury meets in person to discuss the applications and select the KIA Laureates per Scientific Committees.
- The final decision is unanimous
- After Jury's deliberations, (see Key Dates), the Secretariat contacts the KIA Laureates by phone and by E-mail to make the necessary arrangements for the KIA Laureates to attend the award ceremony. See Laureates
- The list of the KIA Laureates is compiled for publication and announced in the Khwarizmi International Award website.
- Candidates are kindly invited to regularly check the site.
* ( For Dates, please refer to the Key Dates Section)